Sunday, August 2, 2015

Q&A

I get asked all the time how my pregnancy has been... well this is a loaded question! So let me answer a few common questions about my pregnancy with Aizen thus far...
  • Have you been sick? -During the first trimester I was somewhat sick to my stomach. I wasn't sick every day but if I threw up once, guaranteed I would be sick the rest of the day. I honestly think the sickness I did have was more the progesterone I had to take rather than the actual pregnancy.   
  • Do you still workout? -No :/ this is my own fault... my doctor was completely ok with my continuing to workout after we conceived but my mind would play tricks on me and if you know me, you know I worry entirely too much. I was so afraid of doing something to harm the baby, I didn't have the "want to"... Plus, its hard to workout 5 days a week when all you want to do is sleep! lol but all joking aside, I know I will regret this later because I fully intend on working out again after Aizen is born. 
  • How far along are you? -35 weeks and 2 days (yes those 2 days count ;) ) I finally understand why pregnant women refer to pregnancy in weeks and not months! Because that's how it's measured. Other than the obvious months (12 weeks=3 months, 20 weeks=5 months, etc). But for anyone wondering about the months instead of weeks, Weeks 33-36 are considered 9 months!
  • How much weight have you gained? - I will never answer this question! Not because I'm ashamed but because it is rude to ask. Why would anyone think this is an appropriate question anyways?! 
  • Where are you having the baby? -Brookwood Medical Center in Birmingham. 
  • Why not RMC? -Well my ob/gyn is located at Brookwood and I wouldn't change that for anything. I have used a doctor in Anniston and I changed doctors because I didn't feel like he or his office treated certain situations with the care and concern that was deserved. I got a recommendation from a friend (you know who you are ;) ) to my current doctor and let me tell you; she is amazing!! I have never been to a more personable doctor in my life. She has explained every step of this pregnancy and put up with my endless questions. She makes every patient feel like her only patient. She jokes and laughs but is serious about the right things. I have called her my guardian angel throughout this pregnancy and I honestly could not believe it more! She's simply amazing. I feel very blessed to have heard about her and to have her as our doctor.
  • When are you due? -September 4th
  • Do you know what you're having? -It's a boy!! 
  • Will you be induced? -Hopefully not! We haven't had any problems so far and our doctor doesn't think we will have any problems in the next few weeks so **hopefully** I'll go into labor on my own. If for some reason I go over the due date, we have decided on a day to induce. 
  • Does he move a lot? -YES!! And I love it!! It's the oddest yet most amazing feeling to have something move inside of you that isn't you and you know it is this little baby that you've been "growing". I will say sometimes it can be quite painful though lol. He likes to play with my little rib every now and then; that is painful. I wouldn't trade that little pain though, I know he is worth it :) He also lets me know when he isn't happy... he kicks, punches, and rolls when I get hungry; when he gets a taste of something sour I drink or eat, he balls up really tight! Needless to say, I say away from sour stuff (cranberry juice, crabapple,etc). He also lets me know when I eat something he likes; tomatoes, watermelon, chocolate are just a few. He also loves to have his little bottom rubbed! He'll stick his bottom out and just let me rub! I so love all his kicks, punches, and rolls!  
I think I answered all the normal questions! Thanks for reading and I promise to update as we get closer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment