Sunday, October 18, 2015

6w5d

6 Weeks 5 days, that was how far along we were the first time we saw our sweet baby for the time. I remember that appointment like it was yesterday. Every emotion, every concern, every fear, and every bit of the joy we experienced that day. Robby and I drove to Brookwood Medical Center with very little to say, when we did talk it was something encouraging. After all the paperwork was completed, they took us back.  As we waited patiently on Dr. Taylor to come in with more nerves than anyone could ever imagine. It was now Robby nor I could talk, to say we were nervous and excited was an understatement. All the worries in the world came flooding down on me... Would there be a baby? Would there be a heartbeat? If there was a baby, would it measure what it should or would it be behind which would only end one way?... And just like that, it was the moment of truth. After a few a few clicks and looking at the monitor, Dr. Taylor exclaimed, "There it is!". She explained that she had a terrible poker face and was thrilled to say that our baby was there and everything looked good. She turned on the sound; it was then Robby and I heard one of the sweetest sounds ever, a sweet little heartbeat that was beating 186 beats per minute. Dr. Taylor then turned around the screen and that was the very first time we saw our baby. "It" looked like a little bean but there was this tiny dark spot in the middle that was fluttering away in-sync to the heartbeat we were hearing, that was our baby's heart! Oh the joy we both felt!! The other emotion was love. An abundance of overflowing love. We already loved our baby before the sonogram but seeing and hearing "it" just confirmed everything we already knew we felt. We left the appointment feeling hopeful and very joyful.
I could never have imagined how perfect that little bean would turn out to be or that the amount of love I felt during that appointment could grow to be the love I have now, it's inconceivable. Soon our little bean that was an "It" turned into a HE and he turned into Aizen Kemp Winslow. And now 6 weeks and 5 days after September 1st, I am writing this with our wonderfully sweet little "bean" on my chest while he naps :) Having him here and seeing how he has grown from that little bean with just a tiny dark spot fluttering for a heart has been nothing short of amazing. We have a whole new set of fears than we did that day in the doctors office but I pray daily (more like hourly lol) about those fears and for our son. He has taken over our world from the very beginning but of course, we don't mind ;)
It being 6 weeks since Aizen was born means that I have had my postpartum check-up with Dr. Taylor and I will return to work on the 19th, tomorrow... :'( I have enjoyed every moment spent at home with Aizen. I will truly miss being at home and being able to be with him all day, every day. So please remember us in your prayers as I head back to work and Aizen heads to daycare for the first time.
Now for the best part, pictures!!

The famous Dr. Taylor with Aizen. His onesie says "for this child I have prayed" and that couldn't be more true!

Fun at the pumpkin patch

We had so much fun at the pumpkin patch with Aunt MaeMae, Uncle Rickey, and Cousins Levi and Coy!!

Hard to imagine next year these babies will be running around too

Our little pumpkin head peaking out lol

Smiles for days :)

The many faces of Aizen that Mommy and Daddy are always obsessing over



Be still my heart!!


Happy 6weeks and 5days Baby Boy!!! I am so thankful for our first meeting on that day!



No comments:

Post a Comment