What everyone tells you about time speeding up and slipping by after you have a baby is completely true. The past month has gone by faster than any month of my entire life. It has also been filled with more love than I ever thought possible. We've gotten lots of visitors and also spent a lot of time just three of us, it has been absolutely WONDERFUL!! And the time I've gotten to spend at home with our little fellow has been indescribably amazing. I have no idea what I'll do when I have to go back to work in just a few weeks :( on a happier note... Let's talk about Aizen's first month!!
 |
| one month mini photo shoot ;) |
 |
| at Aizen's one month checkup |
 |
| maybe my favorite picture so far!! I am so in love with his big gummy grin!!! |
At one month old Aizen:
- wears size newborn clothes and diapers.
- weighs 9 pounds 9 ounces
- 22 inches long
- eats every 3 hours. Since we are breastfeeding, he takes bottle at least once a day and does wonderfully with both :)
- is an excellent sleeper; he sleeps from 11 pm to 4 am every morning. On the night he turned one month, he actually slept from 11-7 but that only happened once so I really don't count that ;)
- seriously LOVES his paci!! I always said I would never, ever give my child a pacifier... I am eating my words for sure lol. We are convinced that he was sucking his fingers in the womb because he came out trying to suck one (or two) of them, hence the paci. We would both rather he use a pacifier than suck on his fingers... It's always easier to take away a paci than hands ;)
 |
| as you can tell, paci is never far away ;) |
- hates the baby swing but likes the bouncer. Weirdest thing! Maybe it's because the bouncer has little toys closer to him and he can actually hit them to make them move, I'm not sure but he'll just look around, kick, throw his arms to hit the little toys, and smile the whole time! Put him in the swing and the crying isn't far behind :/ maybe when he gets older he'll like the swing too.
- loves his play-mat; whether he's on his back watching the toys and lights or doing tummy time, he loves the play-mat.
 |
| and sometimes he just likes to sleep his mat |
 |
| watching football on his mat |
- has a tiger that rattles that he also loves to play with. We get the biggest smiles when the tiger "gets" him! (If you can't tell, this boy loves to play!!)
- stays awake during the day for normally 2-3 hours at a time, there has been a few times that he stayed awake for 4 hours but that's rare.
- hates bath time... but we make up for it by using the blowdryer (we are very careful) to dry him and his head full of hair and letting him be nakey for a while after bath time. Those are two things he loves!!
And he's secretly an angel! lol. No but seriously, Aizen is a really good baby. He rarely has a bad night where he doesn't sleep good and normally only cries when something is wrong.
 |
| as you can tell he wasn't too amused lol |
 |
| always has those hands moving :) |
We love him more than words could ever express. We are so thankful and blessed to have him!! So, Happy ONE month to our little man!!
No comments:
Post a Comment